Inside finishing work
on Donnelly coincided with Marian College, as it was then
called, accepting eight resident lay students. A section of
Donnelly was modified as a dormitory for these students. For
the next 10 years, Donnelly was the main classroom building
on the campus.
In 1985 modification
such as enclosing and absorbing the ramp surrounding the building
and enlarging the exterior classrooms took place.
The plaque in the main
entrance of Donnelly commemorates the Marist Brothers' great
Donnelly Hall rededicated
this twelfth day of October Nineteen Hundred and Ninety-one
gratitude to the Marist Brothers who through the vision
of their faith and by the labor of their hands constructed
this landmark building on the Marist College campus, 1957-1962,
under the inspiring leadership of Brother Nilus Vincent
Donnelly, FMS, for whom this structure is named."