Front view of St. Ann's Hermitage,
the original McPherson building, purchased by the Marist Brothers in
1905. The front part of the building contained a parlor for receiving
guests, a chapel, the tailor shop, and an infirmary which housed the
elderly and sick Brothers. There was a balcony which opened into the
chapel from which those who were ill could attend Mass. After each Mass,
Communion was brought to the sick in the infirmary.