The History of Kieran Gatehouse:
The Kieran Gatehouse (circa 1865),
had served as the gatehouse to the Rosenlund Estate purchased
by the Marist Brothers in 1908. This quaint cottage has remained
in constant use, first as a residence for some teaching
and working brothers and then as headquarters for the Poughkeepsie
Province of the Marist Brothers, a faculty residence and
as office space and a private home.
In October 1990, it was dedicated to
the memory of Brother Kieran Thomas Brennan who had been the
director of student brothers from 1957-1964. A founder and
longtime trustee of Marist College (1959- 1974), he was then
named a Life Trustee. Brother Brennan died on September 5,
Brother Paul Ambrose Fontaine, the first
President of Marist College (1946-1958) lived at Kieran from
1989 to 2000.