The Scholasticate was nicknamed the "Pullman" because it was used as a dormitory. In 1945 it was decided to "raise its roof" so that the Scholasticate's small attic could be enlarged to accommodate classrooms. Brother Francis Xavier cut the studs holding up the roof and using jacks, he raised and reinforced the roof.


Home | Marist College | Library Home Page


last updated on June 10, 2004